- Tumblr URL: https://www.tumblr.com/ Traffic Estimate: Millions of unique visitors per month Tumblr is a microblogging and social networking platform where users can post multimedia content and follow other users’ blogs. It is popular among creative communities for sharing art, photography, and writing.
- Medium URL: https://medium.com/ Traffic Estimate: Millions of unique visitors per month Medium is a social blogging platform that allows users to publish articles, stories, and ideas. It features a clean and minimalistic design, making it easy for readers to focus on content. Medium also has a built-in audience, allowing writers to reach a larger readership.
- Blogger (Blogspot) URL: https://www.blogger.com/ Traffic Estimate: Millions of unique visitors per month Blogger is a blog-publishing service owned by Google, which allows users to create and manage their blogs easily. It is integrated with other Google services and offers a simple interface for beginners.
- Steemit URL: https://steemit.com/ Traffic Estimate: Hundreds of thousands of unique visitors per month Steemit is a blockchain-based social blogging platform where users can earn cryptocurrency for creating and curating content. The platform rewards users with Steem tokens based on the popularity of their posts and their engagement with the community.
- Quora URL: https://www.quora.com/ Traffic Estimate: Millions of unique visitors per month Quora is primarily a question-and-answer platform, but it also allows users to create blog-style content through the “Spaces” feature. Users can follow Spaces related to their interests and engage with the community through comments and upvotes.
- Substack URL: https://substack.com/ Traffic Estimate: Hundreds of thousands of unique visitors per month Substack is a platform that allows writers to create and monetize subscription-based newsletters and blogs. It has become popular among journalists, writers, and content creators looking for a way to generate income from their work directly.
- Ghost URL: https://ghost.org/ Traffic Estimate: Tens of thousands of unique visitors per month Ghost is an open-source blogging platform that emphasizes simplicity and speed. It offers a clean, user-friendly interface for creating and managing content. Ghost also provides a built-in membership and subscription system, allowing creators to monetize their content.
- HubPages URL: https://hubpages.com/ Traffic Estimate: Hundreds of thousands of unique visitors per month HubPages is a social content community where users can create and publish articles on various topics. It allows writers to earn revenue through ads and affiliate links, and it encourages users to engage with each other through comments, likes, and follows. [ An interesting blog that caught my attention here: https://spinditty.com/playlists/Songs-About-Birds ]
- Postach.io URL: https://postach.io/ Traffic Estimate: Thousands of unique visitors per month Postach.io is a unique blogging platform that uses Evernote as its content management system. Users create and edit their content in Evernote, and Postach.io turns the notes into blog posts. It is ideal for those who want a simple way to publish content without managing a separate blogging platform. [ Type A Evernoters will likely want to try this one. ]
- Dev.to URL: https://dev.to/ Traffic Estimate: Hundreds of thousands of unique visitors per month Dev.to, also known as The Practical Dev, is a social blogging platform specifically for software developers. It allows users to share articles, tutorials, and insights related to programming, web development, and technology. The platform encourages community engagement through comments, reactions, and sharing. [ I enjoyed this blog post https://dev.to/kalabro/budgeting-my-communication-capacity-pb5 by this blogger https://dev.to/kalabro ]
- LinkedIn Articles URL: https://www.linkedin.com/ Traffic Estimate: Millions of unique visitors per month LinkedIn, the popular professional networking platform, also offers a blogging feature known as LinkedIn Articles. Users can create and share long-form content with their professional network, fostering engagement and discussion on industry-related topics.
These examples demonstrate the diversity of social blogging platforms available, each catering to different needs and audiences.
Out of all the platforms out there, WordPress is our favorite for all sorts of companies. We integrate other blogs and social blogging platforms with the WordPress platform, ideally powered by Thrive Themes and Thrive Theme Builder, and the WordPress site re-creates blogs on other platforms and social media sites, complete with backlinks to the original content on the author’s own site. Search engines love that!
Bloggey.com is a public service of our web hosting, website creation, and internet marketing company OnYourMark, LLC. OnYourMark integrates blogs, and social blogging platforms into every site we create. Then we add training and tutorials, security and support, hosting, email hosting, and internet marketing – all delivered super-affordably in a friendly, professional manner.
We welcome your comments, questions and suggestions – please contact us with anytime.
If you ever need help from proficient and productive real live people, please give us a shout!
Best to call, email or visit our site for priority response.
We do invite you to engage with us on social media (just not for immediate needs).
As always, if you like, you will find us on the following social media sites, among many others:
NOTE: Original blog post outline created using AI; then reviewed, formatted, fact-checked, edited, and optimized by yours truly.